HR Manager – Edmonton
September 7, 2018
The HR manager partners with both Canadian and US management teams on all aspects of human resources.
The position requires focus on developing innovative recruitment tactics and managing Metalogic’s internal advanced NDT training programs.
The HR manager researches, develops and implements new strategies, programs, and/or processes in response to changing internal and external conditions.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide consultation to executive management regarding human resources strategies, products, services, and processes.
- Research, develops and implement new recruitment strategies, programs, and/or processes in response to changing internal and external conditions.
- Supports the design, implementation and management of Metalogic’s conventional and advanced training programs, focused on optimizing time to certification.
- Leads the development and implementation of an HR software module to support Metalogic’s ERP system.
- Leads the development of overall corporate employee engagement program, with initial focus on remote/field technical employees.
- Partner with management on all aspects of human resources, including but not limited to recruitment, interviewing, selection, and tracking performance management and training programs.
- Ensure company-wide compliance with human resource policies and process.
- Provide oversight for the performance appraisal process and ensure that appraisals are completed in a timely fashion.
- Support a strong organizational culture of team work and a high level of communication.
- Demonstrate leadership and commitment to employee development, promoting and taking accountability for its effectiveness, encouraging continual improvement within the system and the organization.
- Participation on teams that results in contribution to achievement of team goals and objectives in a lead role.
- Maintain sensitive and confidential information regarding company information.
- Perform responsibilities as directed within determined periods and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships within the department and the overall company.
- Maintain the professional competence, knowledge and skills necessary to effectively complete responsibilities; enhance job knowledge and abilities by taking personal responsibility for professional development and training.
- Monitor and enforce all compliance requirements for area of responsibility.
- Post-secondary degree in human resources or a related field; or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of six years of human resources with NDT industry experience given considerable preference.
- Strong work ethic and desire for advancement.
- Experience speaking in front of large groups.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Intermediate to advanced M.S. Office skills (Excel, Word)
- A solid understanding of ISO 9001 quality management
- Valid Driver’s license and passport
Contact HR@METALOGICINSPECTION.COM TO APPLY